Making the Y Affordable for All
The YMCA is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and due to the generosity of contributions from our Annual Campaign and other fundraising events, we are able to provide funds for our Financial Assistance programs, memberships and capital improvements.
The YMCA belongs to the community. We are a volunteer-led organization with a mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all, and we believe in providing membership and services to all who desire to participate.
Financial assistance for programs and membership is available to those who qualify for eligibility.
The YMCA will make every effort to process this application within three weeks. In order to process your application, please submit this form and copies of the following documents, and please be sure to include copies for all individuals contributing to all household income:
- Driver’s license
- Two most recent paycheck stubs
- Proof of mortgage/lease agreement
- Proof of automobile monthly payment
- Optional letter explaining why you need assistance
- The most recent tax return (e.g. complete 1040 form, federal tax return, not your W2 form)
- A “Did Not File” taxes form (available from the IRS online at www.irs.gov)
- Social Security income statement
- Disability income statement
- Child support statement
- Student Loans statement
- Unemployment benefit statement
Applications will be accepted from those residing in the South Palm Beach County area. Federal Poverty Guidelines are used to determine the amount of assistance the YMCA may provide. Applicants will be asked to pay a portion of the membership or program fee. Financial assistance amounts are based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics Poverty Guidelines; however actual amounts are determined by YMCA personnel. Assistance eligibility is confidential information and must remain as such. Discussion of any financial assistance award will result in termination of assistance and membership.